Mallam Nuhu Ribadu
Former presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has explained why he abandoned his presidential ambition to contest the governorship primary of the Peoples Democratic Party for the Adamawa State governorship poll.
Ribadu, who spoke with journalists after he submitted his nomination form at the national headquarters of the PDP in Abuja on Monday, said that his desire to serve at any level propelled him to drop his initial ambition.
Ribadu, who was a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said, “Everything in my life has been about public service. I’m prepared to serve in any capacity.
“If you ask me to come and be a sweeper of any street in any part of the country, I’m ready to do that. I don’t even have power of my own in any part.”
Asked whether he was worried that the PDP was yet to grant him and other defected aspirants waivers needed to contest the primary, he said no.

”I am not worried about the waiver. I have followed the rules. I am a law and order person. I have done my own bit and I will wait for the party to do their own. That part is not my responsibility,” he said.

Under the constitution of the gathering, new parts and returnees are not qualified to look for elective positions until following two years, with the exception of they get a waiver.

Segment 50 (9) of the PDP constitution says, "There might be at least two year enrollment compass for a part to be qualified to remained for race into any open office, unless the proper official panel gives a waiver or tenets actually."

In the mean time, different competitors host demanded that the gathering must behavior fitting essential to pick the party's hopeful for the October 11 race.

The applicants talked when they came to additionally submit their selection structures to the party's national administration, which was gotten by the National Organization Secretary, Alhaji Abubakar Mustapha.

The applicants incorporated the previous Executive Secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission, Alhaji Mohammed Modibbo; Acting Governor of the state, Ahmed Fintiri; previous Presidential Adviser, Ahmed Gulak; and the previous ACN governorship applicant in the state, Mr. Marcus Gundiri.

Others are previous Lagos State Military Administrator, Buba Marwa; Dr. Modibbo said, "Individuals ought to be permitted to challenge. We ought not give careful consideration to accord. Our catastrophe in the state was that we didn't do the best possible thing when we picked the past pioneer."

Post a Comment

 
Top